Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities
We are always looking to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities– employment is always within reach through Goodwill Denver. We’ve enabled employment for people with disabilities in the Denver area for over 90 years – and we’re not stopping anytime soon.
As an approved service agency for the people with developmental disabilities with the State of Colorado, our programs include Deaf Services, Work Activity Day Programs, Enclaves (group work program), Community Integrated Employment and Supported Living Services. We also partner with counties and community-centered boards throughout the Denver area. By hiring those with disabilities you're not only making a difference in the community. Your business wins through the high quality, reliable support from Goodwill’s workforce.
Vocational support for people with disabilities:
- Skills training
- Behavioral support
- Community access
- Supported living services
Services Especially for the Deaf
Goodwill is the only vocational services program for individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing in Colorado. Program participants are engaged in work activity programs through our Community Employment Program. In addition to being deaf or hard of hearing, these individuals may have other types of physical or cognitive disabilities. Individuals in this CARF accredited program are learning to communicate with American Sign Language (ASL). Email us or call 720-457-3646 (local) and 866-759-3661 (toll-free) for more information about our Deaf Services Program.
What Kinds of Services Can those with Disabilities Perform through Goodwill's Community Employment Program?
- Light Assembly, Packaging, Sorting, Labeling
- Mailing, Shrink Wrapping, Blister Packing
- Stuffing Envelopes, Craft Projects
- Contract Janitorial Work
What Makes Us Different?
- Unsurpassed quality
- Extraordinary flexibility to respond to your specific needs and requirements
- Project completion on time and within budget
- Highly competitive costing
- Safe, efficient and expansive dock facilities that expedite product movement
- Prompt pick-up and drop-off of your product
- Hire Goodwill for Project and Light Assembly
When hiring those with disabilities through Goodwill Denver’s programs, we provide local businesses with affordable, quality resources for project, light assembly work and contract janitorial assistance. This gives your business affordable resources while providing meaningful employment and additional income to individuals with disabilities who live in the Denver community.
By hiring those with disabilities, you're not only making a difference in the community, but you'll get affordable high-quality support for your business needs.
For more information or for a quick bid for your next project call 303-650-7747 or email.
A survey team from CARF International visited on October 28 and October 29, 2013.
We invited the surveyors to evaluate how well we meet international standards for quality. The survey highlighted what we are doing well and ways we might improve. As a result of this survey, we continue accreditation.
As part of the survey, the surveyors interviewed people who receive services, their familes, our staff, and others. Some questions the survey team members asked were:
- Do we provide a clean and safe setting?
- Do you receive the services you need and want?
- Are you treated with respect?
- Do you take part in planning your services?
- Are you told what you need to know about your services?
- Are your questions answered in a way you understand?
- Do you know where to go with questions or concerns?
If you would like to talk with one of the survey team members or want to learn mroe about CARF International, please let one of our staff members know. You may also contact CARF International directly.
- Internet: www.carf.org/contact-us
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: CARF International, 6951 East Southpoint Road, Tucson, AZ 85756
- Toll-free telephone: (866) 510-2273
- Fax: (520) 318-1129
CARF International is an independent, not-for-profit family of organizations that provides acceditation in the field of human services.