DENVER, Colo. – Goodwill Industries of Denver celebrated its volunteers with an appreciation breakfast and a short awards ceremony on Thursday, June 16 at Mile High United Way. The event was a way to say “thank you” for all the time and effort volunteers spent in the classroom and mentoring students. It would be impossible to serve nearly 18,000 at-risk students in the Denver metro area and northern Colorado without the dedication of our volunteers. The following five awards were given out to volunteers who went above and beyond:
- Newcomers Advocate Award: Rennie Boele van Hensbroek
- Volunteer of the Year: Nathan Pol
- Company of the Year: QEP Resources, Inc.
- Mentor Legacy Award: Johnnie Williams
- Mentor Legacy Award: Bob Blume