Home » Goodwill Industries of Denver: Ending the Cycle of Poverty
Goodwill Industries of Denver: Ending the Cycle of Poverty
We are Goodwill Denver – we translate the good in the local community to programs and resources that change lives. While you might know us through our Denver thrift stores, we're more than just a place for great deals – we have programs that improve our community and inspire hope, one person at a time.
Goodwill’s retail division is comprised of a network of 23 retail stores, 1 Deja Blue Boutique, 3 outlet worlds and 16 stand-alone donation centers throughout metro Denver and northern Colorado. Profits from these retail stores, as well as donor contributions, fund Goodwill’s highly successful programs in workforce development. We help people find the tools to success at work and in life.
Last year, Goodwill served over 21,000 individuals in our community.
- We provide job training programs in Arapahoe and Fort Morgan Counties. The motto of the program is to help participants get a job, get a better job and eventually get a rewarding career.
- Our organization also works in 30 Denver metro high schools to prepare kids for the future by providing tools for either employment or education after graduation.
- Goodwill also provides employment opportunities for people with disabilities/disadvantaging conditions in the community, at our main offices as well as in our stores.
How Does Goodwill Denver Help?
Goodwill Industries of Denver works with both teens and adults to help them get the education and training they need to obtain and sustain meaningful employment and improve their lives. This is accomplished through four program areas:
- Job training programs within community high schools
- Job skills training and placement for adults in Arapahoe and Fort Morgan Counties
- Work options for the disabled at Goodwill corporate offices
- Retail employment and recycling programs in the metro area
Goodwill takes Ethics in the Workplace very seriously. If you have a complaint or wish to make a comment, feel free to follow the link below.